Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Journal Entry #10


Today, I was selected as a possible juror (someone who performs jury duty). However, the court decided that they already had enough jurors. Part of me wishes that I could have participated in the case to see what it is like in the courtroom. However, part of me is glad that I don't have to miss class (because of my wonderful students and also the money).
In America, the legal system includes lawyers, judges, and jurors. How does the legal system work in your country? Who decides whether a person is innocent or guilty?


The Legal System Work in My Country

Law is one of the difficult and interesting fields, especiallly the Legal system in the countries. I want to know that how the legal system works and who decides whether a person is innocent or guilty? So, I decide to come courtroom and to observe during processing time. In my country, the legal system is same in America includes lawyers, judges and jurors but have a little bit different. The Vietnamese Legal System is separated two level that to judge (a case) in the first instance and to review a judgement. The Jury has a Judge and two Juror of the People's Court, in especially, it can have two Judge and three Juror of the People's Court. Judge is a person who decides whether a person is innocent or guilty but must obey Legislature and Executive. The lawyer is only prepare all documents and proof witnesseses before the court. During to the court, the lawyer does not permit to invite a final witness. When the court finish, the lawyer can appeal against a decission to reduce the penalty. It is clear that the legal system in the countries has the same and diffirent things.

No comments: